Monday, November 10, 2008

We have a new member of our family!

Meet Phoebe
Photobucket

She was found among the 1000 lb. cattle on my grandparents farm 7 weeks ago. She was only 6 weeks old, there was no mother around, and no other kittens have been found on the farm since. We have no idea what happened, but Phoebe ran right to my grandmother and meowed....

Ryan and I chose the name Phoebe, because it's been on my baby name list since I was 12. There was a gymnast named Phoebe Mills that I loved back in the 80's and that name stuck with me. But, after my "Friends" obsession started and one Miss Phoebe Buffay, I knew I could never get away with naming a daughter that. This is the next best thing I suppose!

Phoebe spent 6 weeks inside my grandparent's home, getting healthy. She had infections, fleas, lice, worms, you name it. She couldn't come home until she was healthy, because we already have 2 cats. We never mentioned her to the girls after we decided to adopt her (thank goodness, since it took 6 weeks to get her home!!) So we brought Delphina & Arabella downstairs last Saturday morning and surprised them with our newest little friend.
Photobucket

Delphina is in love, even though Phoebe has razors coming out of 5 of her 6 ends....and Arabella has a new buddy - I'm not sure who likes the cat toys more...she sings "Pee-Bee" it's so cute!
Photobucket

Our Mieko passed away a year ago this week, and it's been so hard without her. I feel like Phoebe was sent to us to bring that light back into our lives again.

Photobucket

She likes to nap in the bouncy seat
Photobucket

I love her markings - they are so pretty!
Photobucket

Delphina plays peek a boo with her
Photobucket

Continuous shot cameras are amazing....
Photobucket

That's a lot of hair!
Photobucket

Phoebe and Blitz are starting to get along!
Photobucket

Funny photo of Arabella...deep in thought
Photobucket

No comments: