Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I graduated Course 1!!!

Ok, all you have to do to graduate is show up, but still....


I'm pretty excited with this cake. It took me about an hour total, in 3 sittings, to figure out how to make these damn roses. But once I got it, I whipped out these 7 pretty quickly. I guess my instructor had a point when she said we'd be experts in no time...

Purple and white roses are my 2 favorite flowers, so I had to go with purple for my last cake! I start course 2 on 5/9 :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the first cake I made that we actually ate. I've sent them off with other people until now. (I really don't like cake). Yellow cake with a strawberry filling, buttercream frosting
Photobucket

Delphina wanted to eat a rose, but she didn't want to ruin it. She tried to pick it up several times....
Photobucket

...so she decided just to eat it right off the cake! ;) 1 huge bite later...ick.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily said...

Leia,
That cake is beautiful. You are so talented. I'm not sure any class could teach me that! (I didn't know you really don't like cake!:)