Saturday, June 20, 2009

Vacation, Day 6 - last batch of photos

Ryan and I treated ourselves to our favorite beach activity this year - jet skiing! We always sign up for the 2 hour tour, but this year, we were the only ones signed up. There are usually 8-10 jet skis on the tour, so that slows everything down. We went EVERYWHERE this year - just us and our 17 year old guide LOL!

We saw a HUGE school of fish out in the ocean, and there were dolphins feeding so we stopped to watch. Then our guide says, "Um, just so you know, I just spotted a tiger shark right under my skis - he's probably feeding on the school of mullet. So just don't jump in." OMG! He was so calm about it -meanwhile, this Iowa girl was freaking out! I asked how big the shark was, and he said, "Oh he's just a little one. Probably only 4 feet or so....." Yeah, when an animal is bigger than my oldest child, it's not a little one!

Needless to say, I wasn't so sad about heading back to shore! I FINALLY remembered to buy a waterproof camera this year, so when I get photos back, I will have my dad scan some in so you can see if I got anything good! :) No shark photos - sorry. ;)

This was our porch - always my favorite spot

Photobucket

I ate breakfast there every morning, including one day when it was raining. The most peaceful place, with the best view
Photobucket

Little Roo was able to float in her swim wings all by herself after the first day - she l.o.v.e.d. the pool :)
Photobucket

We finally got her to count "1, 2, 3, jump!" before jumping in! She actually said it to me today when she saw I was putting these photos up - LOL!
Photobucket

How wonderful it is that Delphina is tall enough to touch in the 3 foot this year, AND she has learned to swim, so everyone is less stressed in the pool! :)
Photobucket

She's very glam in her goggles
Photobucket

Our annual photos by the fountains
Photobucket

Photobucket

With Nana & Papa
Photobucket

Photobucket

Speaking of glam....she went all cover girl on us - seriously, she thought she was on Project Runway - Myrtle Beach Edition
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The following photo is a result of too much sherbet after dinner...
Photobucket

And the loveliest part of vacation, was on our very last night there - Delphina lost her second tooth :) Actually, I pulled it - because it was going to come out the next day at the airport otherwise, and I was not going to deal with that! It will forever be her Myrtle Beach Tooth :) And yes, the Tooth Fairy found her, all the way across the country. :)

Thanks for enjoying our photos - see ya real soon (back in Iowa).
Photobucket

No comments: