Sunday, May 16, 2010

10 years


We celebrated our 10th anniversary on 05/05/10. We had a nice dinner out, saw a funny movie, went to Target, and bought a beautiful maple tree for our yard. We've never had a tree in our yard, so we thought we better get one in! We'll be planting it next weekend and crossing our fingers that it survives this crazy Iowa weather!

Here are some photos from our wedding day
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our colors were lavender and white, after my favorite roses. We also included lilacs in our flowers. When the lilacs bloom each spring, it reminds me of that day.
Photobucket

Our flower girl, Emily, was nearly 3 when we got married. I started babysitting her, as a newborn, around the time Ryan and I started dating. We spent many Saturday nights, New Years Eves, and summer mornings with her. She was also the first little one in my daycare! And now she's turning 13 and I just can't believe she was ever that little! (Don't I sound like an old lady now!)
Photobucket

All the boys.....ahhh, such trouble they caused! Keep in mind, I was 19 and Ryan was 20 when we got married. Most of our wedding party was our age or younger. During the ceremony, our best man pretended he forgot our rings.....the bride was not amused. ;) I got picked up, spun around, and dropped several times at the dance. Again, not amused. There were many more amusing things that happened that day, but nothing I'd like to comment on!!!
Photobucket

Ryan, Beeny, & Justin
Beeny grew up across the street from me. He was my closest friend for many years. He used to knock on my windows late at night, just to hear me scream, and I used to toilet paper his house, just to watch him get all mad. :) I miss having a buddy like that!
Photobucket

Leaving the church - we had bubbles everywhere! What fun!
Photobucket

Cutting our cake. We had a simple cake, but it was so pretty. Lilac bouquets around it and tiny, piped lilacs around the layers. Just right!
Photobucket

It was a nice day in May - 80ยบ, sunny, and not a cloud in the sky. And if we had it to do all over again, we'd do it totally different! ;)

No comments: