Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So much fun!

Part of the beauty of homeschooling, is getting to enjoy school all over again. Once I got past 6th grade, school wasn't so much fun anymore. So, getting to read the great books, and the funny poems again - it just makes my heart smile :)

My very favorite books to read as a kid :)
Photobucket

My favorite poem (and now it's Delphina's too)
Photobucket

Photobucket

On the same note, Ryan reads to Delphina 3 times a week, while I'm at work. Their current book is the first in the Laura Ingalls Wilder series: Little House in the Big Woods. These were Ryan's favorite books, and I loved them too, so it's wonderful to be the ones reading them to our girls and discussing how life used to be for everyone. They read one chapter at a time, then Delphina journals about it. She can't wait to find out what happens next!

No comments: