Saturday, August 14, 2010

My 30th Birthday

I turned the big 3-0 on 8/6 :) To celebrate, we took the girls to Des Moines for the weekend. We left that morning, and went to the Blank Park Zoo. We saw a bird show that was really cool
Photobucket

and I talked to a giraffe
Photobucket

we had a bonding moment :) And Arabella got to see her beloved tigers!! :)
Photobucket

We rode a train too (just for Grandpa Ed) :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

It's hard to see them here, but there are wallabies hopping all around, just behind the girls. They didn't come near us this time, but the last trip here, they hopped right across our path!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Watching the sea lions
Photobucket

Photobucket

In the aviary - Happy 30th Birthday to ME! :)
Photobucket

We took this picture, because...
Photobucket

4 years ago, we were in the same place, taking this picture :) (Arabella is now the age that Delphina was in this photo)
Photobucket

We had my birthday dinner at Joe's Crab Shack, but I threatened Ryan if he told them it was my birthday, because I didn't want to be sung to!!! We bought birthday cake for me at Cheesecake Factory - very much worth the mega-tummy ache I got!!
Photobucket

Saturday we went to Adventureland.
Photobucket

It was hot, but the lines weren't bad. I used to go almost every birthday as a kid, and Ryan and I went the last 4 or 5 birthdays I had before we had Delphina. Dee went on a ton of roller coasters with me, and Arabella had a lot of kiddie rides she could do too!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We napped late, then came back at night, since they were open until 10. I LOVE riding rides at night when it's all lit up :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ryan almost didn't survive the Ferris Wheel (he's terrified of heights) but the girls loved it!
Photobucket

I love Arabella's baby blues here :)
Photobucket

Delphina's second ride on the Tornado (my favorite), and she made Ryan go with her LOL! They are in the very first car - you can see Ryan waving
Photobucket

And this is where he started to curse at me...I swear I could hear him! ;)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily said...

It looks like you had a blast celebrating your birthday!!! Delphina is a brave one going on all of those roller coasters, braver than I! :)