Saturday, October 02, 2010

Bloomsbury Farms

We made our first visit to Atkins, IA today. We took Gramma Lynne & Grandpa Carl to Bloomsbury Farms. Really expensive to get in ($10 each for age 4+), but it was worth it...tons to see and do, very clean, friendly people, good food...it was great! We'll be going back again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We decided to give this a try...even though I suggested starting with the Kid's Maze...
Photobucket

Here's the aerial view (from the website)
Photobucket

We started off excited!
Photobucket

We followed our fearless leader, the man in the yellow hat
Photobucket

It was a beautiful, chilly, fall day
Photobucket

Our fearless leader began to have doubts about our whereabouts
Photobucket

Arabella's little legs ran out of power
Photobucket

The wind picked up
Photobucket

But we trudged on
Photobucket

We kept running into dead ends
Photobucket

I began to search for food...
Photobucket

We could hear the hay wagon nearby...we just couldn't find it!
Photobucket

And then....VICTORY!!! (Ryan cheated and went through the corn, instead of sticking to the path) ;)
Photobucket

The "smart people" then decided to give the Kid's Maze a try....and buzzed right through it.
Photobucket

I'm pretty sure I had that idea first!
Photobucket

This was really cute
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The girls played on this massive bouncy thing
Photobucket

No idea what it is
Photobucket

But I want one!
Photobucket

Ryan & Lynne were deep in conversation (their language is usually not kid-appropriate, which is why Carl & I hung out away from them)
Photobucket

Delphina's top tooth is just about ready to pop through...
Photobucket

It looks so painful!
Photobucket

We ended the day with a fun hayride! :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jayme said...

love the commentary Leia and great pictures!