Monday, August 29, 2011

First day of preschool!

Arabella started Montessori preschool today! She's been on the waiting list since she was 6 weeks old...best place to be in town, only 7 in her class, non-religious - everything we've been looking for! I took daycare training with her teacher for years, so I knew just how wonderful it would be. Unfortunately, we didn't know about her school until after Delphina was enrolled in the preschool she went to, and it was too late to get on her list...live and learn. 


For those that will be asking - yes we are still homeschooling Delphina. We have chosen not to homeschool Arabella's preschool year, because we will be moving to Cedar Falls once I graduate barber school. Both girls will go into the CF schools - where we've always wanted them to be - so we wanted Arabella to start off with some school experience before we head off to the big time: Kindergarten! I will be teaching her to read at home this year though, since she won't learn that until Kindergarten - I'd like to do what I can, and know how to do, with her! :) 


 So....first day, here we go!
  Photobucket 


 Here was Delphina's first day of preschool Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket 


 2007 (look at poor Arabella's bald head!) Photobucket 

2011
  Photobucket 

She's so cute :)
  Photobucket 


 Walking to school! She had a great day - she played with the girls and says they are friends now, but NOT those boys...she played with the boys but she did NOT talk to them! So funny. Looking forward to the rest of the week!Photobucket



No comments: