Thursday, March 26, 2009

Apparently turning 6 means getting older AND grumpier. Dee had a grouchy night and I believe I told her twice that I'd like to go back in time and keep my 5 year old...I think it was due to the fact that her sleep was interrupted the night before when she had a headache, but I don't make excuses for my kids. Ryan asked her if she was having her period ;)

When she got home from school, her daycare friends sang happy birthday to her (very cute coming from mostly 2 year olds!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

She got her a few small gifts - some crafty things, a bath mermaid that spins and makes a water fountain (darn cool for $8!), and some flip flops.
Photobucket

Her BIG surprise was a Big Wheel that I found on clearance at Christmas time. She's always wanted something to ride around the driveway in when we're out playing and can't go on a bike ride. She was SO surprised!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And you are right in thinking that 2 young blondies are little help when assembling a Big Wheel
Photobucket

And as you can see in the background here, Miss Bella was none too happy that she couldn't ride it first ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket

For a fun birthday dessert, I made this nummy Berry Cheesecake Parfait, which tasted so much like cheesecake, I had 2 and got a tummy ache! ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily said...

I want your recipe for that dessert...that looks so yummy!