Saturday, February 20, 2010

Arabella's 3rd Birthday Party!


Arabella's birthday is on 2/23, but her party was today! I made 2 round cakes for the big party. 1 was a classic sour cream white cake, and 1 was a devil's food chocolate.

Waiting to be filled and iced...
Photobucket




















Both were filled with raspberry and iced in white chocolate icing
Photobucket














Are you drooling yet? Yum.....
Photobucket

I had a professional icing licker on hand - you should always have one ready when making icing!
Photobucket

Arabella LOVES Handy Manny, so these were my plans for the cake
Photobucket

I am lucky enough to have a husband who is an artist, so I put him in charge of making her favorite Tools, Pat & Phillipe
Photobucket

The tools are made of fondant. We tried gum paste, but he was unhappy with the cracking. So, I used the gumpaste to make the stars for the cake. And yes, I know the colors are really bright, but Handy Manny is full of primary colors. I was really happy with the results!
Photobucket

Here's our house before the party
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ryan was in charge of games. He made this poster - it's about 3 feet tall, for pin the tools on Manny! :)
Photobucket

Here's my niece playing the game
Photobucket

The kids also went fishing....Delphina & her oldest cousin were behind the wall, hooking Handy Manny's tools and some suckers on the pole - the kids just LOVED it!
Photobucket

Happy Birthday Bella Roo!
Photobucket

The girls & their cousins
Photobucket

Guess who got all kinds of shy when we started to sing to her?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Arabella's cousins each drew her a picture for her birthday (so sweet!)
Photobucket

Oh and Bianca got a haircut. :( We didn't take very good care of her hair when it was growing out. So, it was all knotted and gross....and un-combable. (That's not a word). She got shaved, and looks like a river rat, but we vowed to take better care of it this time. We are just not used to a long-haired dog!
Photobucket

No comments: