After roller skating this past April, I vowed never again to put our Bambi on skates....however, we found out about a city nearby that hosts a homeschool skate once a week, for 2 hours at a time...and they even give you skates and a 30 min. lesson, all for $3. Can you believe that? I let our supervising teacher know, and she scheduled a trip for all the local homeschoolers.
Bambi started out really wobbly. She had a death-grip on the side of the rink!

I was a good Mama and didn't laugh at her...not once.

After an hour of stumbling around the rink, the lesson started. And low and behold...Bambi figured it out!

I told the coach about her roller skating troubles, and he laughed and said, "Oh roller skate hard! Ice skate - dat easy!" (he was Korean) :)

The kid was turning 360's by the time the lesson was over!! We're looking into Saturday lessons now...

No comments:
Post a Comment